Best Whirlaway 291 Garbage Disposal Review 2017
While the Whirlaway 291 Garbage Disposal is not the most powerful waste disposal unit on the market, it surely brings some drastic performances out of this tiny unit. The idea behind this small food waste disposer is to help people who don’t need powerful horsepower to grind up toughest food waste. But what it does offer is a compact, space saving design at a remarkably cost effective price point. The motor boast of a powerful ½ HP, so it will handle the waste of a small to medium size household.
Durability and longevity are two main characteristics that I am sure of every homeowner to want in their kitchen appliances; however, when you decide to invest in a lesser known brand, you must be prepared for the unexpected, but when it comes to household names you’ll be sure of receiving top notch products and services for your hard earned money.
So if you’re looking for a quality food waste disposer that will be able to handle a good amount of waste the Whirlaway 291 Garbage Disposer has made hundreds of homeowners happy.
Capabilities of the Whirlaway 291 Garbage Disposal
1. I’ll be honest: Choosing the Whirlaway 291 ½ Horsepower Unit because of two reasons: price and compact design but it doesn’t mean that it doesn’t excel in the grinding compartment because it surely does.
If you’re not familiar with the Whirlaway brand but you’ve come to know the Anaheim Manufacturing Company (AMC) – the famous label behind the highly recommended Waste King Garbage Disposal line. As it turns out that AMC is also the manufacturer who produces the Whirlaway line. With this information, you can be confident that you are going to get your money’s worth out of the 291. Some important facts that you want in garbage disposal unit:
2. The Whirlaway 291 comes with corrosion resistant grinding components, a removable splash guard, and a simple and quick mounting system for easy installation. Best of all, due to its streamlined and compact design, it is made to fit tight spaces underneath the kitchen sink.
3. Installation is quick and easy so with a little help with the installation manual, some Youtube videos or this guide on how to install a garbage disposal it shouldn’t take you more than an hour to install this product. And like the name indicates E-Z Mounting System does make the installation process easy.
4. When we take a look at the permanent magnet, the high-speed motor which produces more power per pound, the ½ HP motor is more than capable of grinding soft food debris, but you shouldn’t expect to be using it to grind hard food waste like bones or corn. Another important feature that you’ll hear is about the blades: the blades inside the chamber do not spin but instead slide ultimately producing a quieter grind than most waste disposal units. The slide effect is also beneficial in effectively reducing jamming within the grinding chamber.
5. Unfortunately, there’s no cord provided with the purchase of the Whirlaway 291 ½ Horsepower Garbage Disposal but you’ll be pleased t know that any garbage disposal power cord will work just fine with this unit.
• Lightweight, Compact Design – The Whirlaway 291 weighs an astonishing 8 pounds with a dimension product of 6.1 x 13.7 x 5.9 inches.
• Powerful Motor – With a ½ HP, this permanent magnet motor produces more power per pound.
• Corrosion Resistant – For longevity and durability the Whirlaway chamber is made from corrosion free materials.
• Easy Installation – The patented PLUMB E-Z Mount System makes the installation for novices’ quick and easy.
• Warranty – The Whirlaway 291 is backed by a full 2-year warranty
So if you are looking for a no frills, no fuss unit that will get the job done I highly recommend the Whirlaway 291 Garbage Disposal with its streamlined and compact design to fit those tight under sink spaces. We also recommend this Small Garbage Disposal Unit for tight spaces but if you have a larger household than 4 people with some extra cash to invest in high-quality waste disposal unit we suggest you look at The Best Compact Garbage Disposal for Deep Sinks as an alternative.