Best Compact Garbage Disposal – Reviews & Guide
Having a powerful garbage disposal is one of those simple and at times extremely useful pleasures. However, space under your sink may not allow you to fit the particular model you would like. Besides fit issues, some households just might prefer to conserve space for other items. In either case, this is where the search for a small garbage disposal comes in.
You might be asking yourself… is there’s such a thing as a Low Profile Garbage Disposal? Fortunately, the answer to your question is YES.
In this roundup, we have identified a number of top performing models that are also compact. There is some compromise with power, but for those in a space-constrained situation, these units will get the job done.
Best Compact Garbage Disposal Comparison Table
1. InSinkErator Evolution Compact Garbage Disposal
** Editor’s Choice – Best Compact Garbage Disposal **
After searching and comparing various garbage disposals on the market, there is one low-profile model that stood out as the best. This disposal is none other than the InSinkErator Evolution Compact Garbage Disposal.
InSinkErator has been one of the top-selling manufacturers of garbage disposal units and has been trusted by thousands of homeowners not only in the USA but all over the world. This small garbage disposal model from InSinkErator is a nice compromise between size and power.
- It has a continuous feed operation – So it will grind any tough food waste into its finest particulars without the need to stop
- It comes with a ¾ HP motor – Enough firepower to pulverize difficult food waste that the standard disposals won’t be able to handle.
- Sound Seal Technology – Reduces the vibrations and sound levels while doing what it does the best GRIND.
- Stainless Steel Components – As we all know water will rust iron in a very short period but with stainless steel components, you can expect to have a corrosion free disposal for a very long time.
- 34.6 oz Grinding Chamber – This is large enough to hold and grind large volume of food debris at a time which makes it efficient for small to even medium size households.
- Manual Reset Button – In the event of an overload in the disposal itself the reset is just a button away.
- Quick Lock Easy Installation – Switching out one InSinkErator garbage disposal for another has become easier with the provided quick-lock mounting system. Even for a novice, this installation shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes to get grinding.
- Overall Height – With a specification of 12-1/8’’ in diameter it will easily fit tight spaces under the kitchen sink.
- 4 Years In-Home Full Service Limited Warranty – Trained professionals will be sent to replace or repair your disposal within a period of 4 years for your peace of mind.
This Low Profile Garbage Disposal does its job and is highly recommended for its quiet operation and short height so you don’t have to configure or revamp your under mount sink. It’s also easy to install and chops up things rather well.
2. Waste King Legend Series L-1001 Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal
** Best Budget Compact Garbage Disposal **
The Waste King L-1001 tops our list as the Best Budget model for those needing a short garbage disposal to fit in a tight space. It has nice features for the price and will be a good option for many if a 1/2 HP model will suffice.
Features of the Waste King L-1001
If you go through the online reviews of this unit, you will mostly get positive reviews, and there are several reasons behind that.
- It Is Reliable – In case of waste disposal, Waste King L-1001 has the most reliability in the market. Many of you know that such units get corrosion as these are installed in the kitchen and always stay in direct contact with water. But, this unit is way better than its contemporaries. It is made of anti-corrosion material that increases the unit’s durability.
- Warranty for 2 Years – The device will come with a 2-year warranty which means professionals will visit your home at regular intervals and replace it if there is anything defective in the unit. You just don’t need to re-pack it again and send to the customer care. It will be in your kitchen without any fail.
- It Saves Space – This is one of the most appealing features of Waste King L-1001. There are several models on the market which occupies too much space. But, the compact design and size of this model never occupies any unwanted space.
- Doesn’t Create Excessive Noise – This is one of the major complaints against many garbage disposals. The Waste King L-1001 has addressed the issue, and it has solved the problem. There will be a little vibration but no disturbing noise.
- Removable Splash Guards – The rubber inside the unit prevents food scraps to fly around during grinding. As it is removable, you can remove it and wash well to keep it clean.
- Power Cord – The device comes with a 36 inches long power cord along with a plug. Insert the plug into any outlet and use the unit when you need it.
Pros of the Waste King L-1001
The product is effective for those who have a small to medium sized kitchen. The benefits of installing this device are-
- It is very simple to handle.
- Installation won’t take more time than 10 minutes
- Don’t go on its size as it can handle any type of garbage you throw at it.
- The size is perfect for studio, small houses, and condos.
Cons of Waste King L-1001
Apart from so many advantages, still some people have a complaint about its power, especially those who have large families. Besides that, it is said that the unit is effective to grind any normal food waste, but not as efficient in grinding tough food waste. Although not excessively loud, the unit should not be considered quiet. There is a vibrating sound you can hear while it is running.
Whenever you go to buy any product, you will get positive and negative reviews about it. This unit is no exception to that. But, the matter of fact is that the cons are not isturbing in comparison to the benefits you can get from this smallest garbage disposal. So, if you want to buy a new one, try it now.
3. Emerson Evergrind E202 Food Waster Disposer
The Emerson E202 Food Waste Disposer is the perfect disposer of excess food waste. The Emerson Food Waste Disposer is one of the Shortest Garbage Disposal Units and comes with a ½ HP heavy-duty motor to grind that excessive food waste to the smallest pieces possible without blocking drain pipes. With so many Garbage Disposal Units to choose from the Emerson Evergrind E202 should be on your list of Food Waste Disposers. Below we’ll have a quick overview for how this Disposal stands up against the rest.
Features of the Emerson Evergrind E202 (Short Garbage Disposal Unit)
- The Emerson has a powerful 1/2 horsepower induction motor, thereby providing you the best solution to most of your garbage disposing needs. This extremely powerful motor is good enough to handle some of the harder end foods, along with smaller wasted food.
- The outer body is made from Rugged Galvanized Steel to prevent electrical shortages that might happen during the grinding process.
- This product comes with a one-year limited warranty which covers any factory defaults that might occur due to the Emerson Evergrind not been perfectly manufactured by the company.
- This item weights only at 13.7 pounds and small enough to fit tight spaces under the sink.
- The Evergrind E202 comes with a quick-lock installation method which makes it easy for the not so savvy person to quickly install the unit without any issue.
- The powerful 1/2 induction motor is strong enough to continuously dispose of food waste, allowing you to depend on this under sink disposal machine for pretty much all of your excessive food disposal in an orderly manner within the shortest time possible.
- Since this Shortest Garbage Disposal has been made of Rugged Galvanized Steel, it can handle a lot of pounding. As like any automated machine damage may occur no matter how causes you may be in handling this machine, but you will be satisfied to know that this garbage disposal won’t be necessary to be replaced within a short period of time.
- The Emerson Evergrind E202 Food Waste Disposer is easy to install, so you can almost start working with it immediately.
- Unlike its predecessor, this newer model is quieter so you’ll be able to communicate with whomever I the kitchen.
- The one year warranty covers both parts and labor.
- The extra hardened grinding blades cut food waste thoroughly while the 26 oz grinding chamber is big enough to dispose of the incoming waste debris.
- While most and best garbage disposal units have their origin from the United States, the Evergrind E202 is manufactured in China and shipped to specific countries.
- This product also doesn’t come with a power cord, but your exciting power cord will work fine with this unit after installation.
This Shortest Garbage Disposal has certain shortcomings, but overall, it makes for the perfect food waste disposer for grinding excessive food waste. It is certainly more than capable of doing an extremely good job dealing with most heavy loads that you might throw at it. While the warranty means that you have one full year to enjoy your new Emerson Evergrind E202 Food Waste Disposer without any issue. Get the latest update on the Smallest Garbage Disposal Unit we’ve reviewed for you.
4. InSinkErator Badger 100 Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal
The Badger 100 Garbage Disposal is an excellent disposer of excessive food waste. The InSinkErator Badger 100 1/3 HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposer that the company has made available is one of many reliable waste disposers in their product line. This product has made many customers happy and in this short review, you are going to find out why this is the case.
Features of the Badger 100 Garbage Disposal
- The Badger 100 Garbage Disposal comes with an awesome induction motor that runs on 1/3 horsepower, thereby giving you the best solution to all of your garbage disposing needs. The tremendous power of this Badger is good enough to deal with some harder foods, along with small wasted food.
- The outside body of the Badger has been manufactured of galvanized steel to make it resistant to any electrical occurrences that might happen in your home.
- Like most of the company’s products the Badger 100 has a two-year warranty and covers any factory faults that might occur due to the product not been properly manufactured by the company.
- This product is homegrown, which means that it has been proudly made in the United States.
- The Badger 100 comes with a useful technology called QuickLock which would make installation easy for any plumber or mason.
- The powerful 1/3 induction motor is powerful enough to quickly dispose of food waste, allowing you to rely on this household garbage disposal machine for pretty much all of your wasted food disposal in an orderly manner within a short amount of time
- Since the Badger 100 Garbage Disposal has been made of galvanized steel, it can take a lot of rough handling. Damage may occur no matter how careful you are, so the fact that this product is so durable you’ll be satisfied that you can use it for an extensive period instead of having to get it repaired often.
- The Badger 100 Garbage Disposal installation is easy, so you will be able to start using it almost immediately.
- This garbage disposer is not too noisy, so you’ll be able to continue your conversations inside the kitchen.
- The warranty covers both parts and labor. Meaning that you will be sure of getting a replacement part if the Badger stops working due to a malfunction
- With extra hardened blades, the machine is adept at chopping up the remains of your food.
- While the blades of this garbage disposer are certainly very sharp, they get blunt quite easily. The company offers replacement blades for you but it can cause a lot of delay during which your food waste might build up, and this can be very inconvenient.
- The overall weight of the InSinkErator Badger 100 might be an issue for people because it would make it somewhat difficult to position it within countertops that are not built to withstand heavy products.
This Badger 100 Garbage Disposal has certain shortcomings, but overall, it makes for the perfect waste disposer for low to moderate use. It is certainly powerful enough to deal with most heavy loads that you might throw at it, and the warranty means that for two whole years, you will not have to worry even if any of the negatives apply to you.
5. InSinkErator Badger 5 Garbage Disposal
InSinkErator is a fantastic producer of garbage disposers. One of the newest garbage disposers that this company has made available is the InSinkErator Badger 5.This product has been making waves in the market recently, and in this review, you are going to find out exactly why this is the case.
- This product the Badger 5 comes with a fantastic induction motor that runs on ½ horsepower, thereby giving you a heavy-duty solution to all of your waste disposing needs. The power of this machine is high enough to deal with some harder foods, along with small bones and the like.
- The body of this product has been constructed of steel, galvanized in order to make it resistant to any electrical pulses that might occur in your home.
- The warranty for this product lasts for two years and covers any malfunctions that might occur due to the product not having been properly manufactured by the company.
- This product is homegrown, which means that it has been made in the United States.
- The Badger 5 comes with a useful technology called QuickLock which would enable any plumber or mason to install it with ease.
- The motor is powerful enough to quickly dispose of the food waste that you place into it, thereby allowing you to rely on this machine for pretty much all of your food waste disposal needs in a very short amount of time after your meal is completed.
- Since this product has been made of galvanized steel, it can take a lot of rough use. Damage can often occur no matter how careful you are, so the fact that this product is so durable will ensure that you can use it for a long time to come instead of having to get it repaired frequently.
- Since this product is so easy to install, you will be able to start using it almost immediately after you receive it instead of having to wait hours upon hours while the person doing the installation figures out how to best place the garbage disposer.
- The warranty is particularly useful because it covers both parts and labor. This means that you are not just going to get a replacement part if the machine stops working properly due to a malfunction; you would get people that would install it for you as well.
- A lot of commerce has started to shift outside the US simply because it is cheaper to do it over there. InSink is, therefore, worthy of praise for keeping its labor in America and providing Americans with jobs instead of foreign entities. This shows that it is not just about profits; it is about people too, and a company like this is worth buying from.
- The blades of this machine are adept at chopping up the remains of your meal. They are so sharp that you would very rarely have to cut your food up before you put it into the machine.
- This garbage disposer is a little too noisy for some people’s liking. This is because of the high-power motor and is a problem that cannot be avoided.
- While the blades of this garbage disposer are certainly very sharp, they get blunt quite easily. The company replaces the blades for you but it can cause a lot of delay during which your food waste might build up, and this can be very inconvenient.
- The overall weight of the InSinkErator Badger 5 might be an issue for some because it would make it difficult to place within countertops that are not built to withstand heavy loads.
This product (InSinkErator Badger 5) has certain shortcomings, but overall, it is perfect for low to moderate use. It is certainly powerful enough to deal with a heavy load from time to time, and the warranty means that for two whole years, you will not have to worry even if any of the negatives apply to you. The company does not argue a lot with people who have a warranty claim since it believes that customers always come first.
6. Waste King Legend Series L-111 Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal
This continuous feed operation garbage disposer runs on 110 to 120 volts and comes with extra powerful motors for swift action and reduced jamming. If you are looking for a cheap kitchen sink waste disposer which can be alternated between kitchen sinks and domestic disposer, then waste king 1/3 is the perfect pick. The disposer has nylon glass filled grinding compartments that are corrosion proof and also easy to clean. The grinding compartments also have rubber fittings at the inlets to secure any form of leakage. This also prevents the particles from flying back out of the compartments while grinding.
The waste king 1/3 HP engine uses stainless steel swivel impellers. These are very strong and very compatible with the powerful vortex permanent magnet motors. The resulting torque is sufficient to grind down any type of waste matter in just a few seconds. The best thing, however, is that the machine reaches its fullest speed immediately when connected to power. This makes the grinding process very quick and also checks jamming.
Every part fitted into these machines are of import quality and do not need frequent replacement. Hence, you will be saving a lot of money on this affordable sink waste disposer. In the case of any breakdown, the brand also offers toll-free calls. All you have to do is dial the number, and skilled technicians will be immediately dispatched to your house.
Features of the Waste King Legend (L-111)
- The Waste King Legend’s cheap kitchen sink waste disposer comes in a compact size. This allows you to place the machine almost anywhere without having to worry about the space. You can have them fitted under your sink without making it look too overcrowded.
- The machine has a very sleek design and a great finish that makes your kitchen look all spick and span. It also requires little maintenance and is very durable.
- The installation process is very fast and easy. All you have to do is secure it in place and then tighten the screws.
- The machine is very lightweight and does not damage your sink.
- It is a continuous feed waste disposer. As long as it is connected to power, it will automatically grind down all the waste matter that is passed down through the sink.
- This cheap garbage disposer is very easy to operate. It has a simple twist and lock mechanism and a power button. It also comes with a manual with detailed and easy to follow instructions.
- The machine has a removable splash guard. This makes the cleaning process very easy and hassle-free.
- It comes with a 2-year in-home warranty, which is one of the longest when it comes to garbage disposers.
- The outer body and the fittings are all made of corrosion proof and rust proof materials.
- Blades can rotate at a speed of 1900 RPM, which provides very quick and efficient grinding.
- The grinding compartments are insulated with a sound proof material. This reduces the noise of grinding to a dull hum.
- The machine comes with a 36-inch long power cord. Hence, you don’t have to spend extra cash. The reachability of the power socket will also not be an issue.
- This affordable machine uses a positive seal sink flange.
- The waste elbows are removable.
- The steel swivels are galvanized.
- The bearings are made of glass filled polyester. This checks corrosion at the joints.
- This disposer has a sleeve type overload protector.
- It has a permanent magnet stopper. Hence, when you are done, just hit the switch and the machine will immediately come to a halt.
- Excellent noise reduction technology makes it more usable in the kitchen.
- Low maintenance and hassle-free cleaning.
- The overload protector ensures that the machine does not get damaged in case of overloading.
- Lightweight, compact build while offering powerful performance.
- Perfect for everyday use.
- You may have to change your sink collar.
- The drain pipes need to be cut to fit in the Insinkerator outlet
- Washing down fat and grease through the sink can cause jamming.
The machine is a great pick for household use. The service outposts maintained by the brand are very convenient for the customers. Given the features, there is every reason for choosing this cheap kitchen sink waste disposer.
7. Kitchen Aid KCDB250G Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal
This short garbage disposal is a great option for those who enjoy cooking and hate cleaning leftover food. The Kitchen Aid Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal is a Waste Disposer that guarantees continuous grinding of wasted food debris.
The 1/2 HP continuous feed garbage disposer can be easily fitted under deep sinks, dishwashers as well as properly sized septic tanks. Even though it is a very small garbage disposal unit, it has an enormously large grinding compartment and can take in a large amount of food waste. The small size makes this more suitable for a small kitchen as well as smaller restaurants.
This Continuous Feed Garbage Disposal weights about 14.2 pounds and rotates at a speed of 1725 RPM. The material used to manufacture this product is none other than Stainless Steel thus giving this Waste Disposer the strength and durability to perform the grinding task with ease while still keeping the weight reasonable.
For safety, the Kitchen Aid Disposal Unit needs to be connected to an electrical switch while additional features for safety include overload protection and a reset button.
Features of this Short Garbage Disposal for Deep Sink
- This Short Garbage Disposal for Deep Sink uses a ½ horsepower motor for continuous grinding operating.
- The motor offers a speed of 1725 RPM to grind food debris to its finest capacity.
- This Kitchen Aid model also uses a red soundproof casing to eliminate unnecessary grinding sounds that may be disturbing while having conversations in the kitchen area.
- The grinding chambers are lined with glass filled polyester for maximum protection.
- Hence no need to worry about getting shocked from this compact garbage disposal because of its overload protection it automatically disconnects in case of an overload.
- This machine can be used with your previous power cord, so there’s no need to spend extra money on unnecessary equipment.
- Installation is easy and won’t take more than half an hour to start using your new unit. However, if you are unsure of the installation process you can always call a professional plumber or use Amazon’s Expert Installation Services or use this installation guide for reference.
- Easy to install
- Has a Red Soundproof Casing
- Multiple safety features
- Cost-effective and Easy to install
- Has a Red Soundproof Casing
- Multiple safety features
- One year Limited Warranty
- Not eligible for International Shipping
- The machine has a chopping sound when the machine is turned on for the first time.
The Kitchen Aid ½ HP Continuous Feed Garbage Disposer is a very powerful and a cost-effective food waste disposer. Investing in this Short Garbage Disposal for Deep Sinks it is almost like investing for a lifetime. This automated machine is a great investment and will surely give you peace of mind ensuring for a safe and peaceful waste grind.
Small Garbage Disposal Buying Guide
Know How Much Space You Have
Before buying a new and the smallest garbage disposal, you need to determine the space you have under your kitchen sink. To buy a tiny garbage disposal unit, you need to measure the length, width, and height of the space you have. It is very important to get the physical dimension as garbage disposals usually take a bit of space. If the storage space is really short under your sink, you can go for a less powerful unit.
Know the Size Garbage Disposal You Need
To know the effectiveness of a garbage disposal unit, you need to know how powerful it is. Therefore, before deciding the size, it is necessary to know how much power is required to grind garbage at your house. To determine that, you need to know how many people live in your house.
- If you have only two people in your house, a 1/3 or ½ HP model will be perfect. If you go for 1/3rd HP motor, that will be the weakest in the market. Still, it is popular among buyers who have a studio or one-bedroom apartment.
- If you have 3-4 people, living in your house, you should buy a garbage disposal with ½ to ¾ HP engine. For light use, this type of garbage disposal is a good fit. You need to treat the unit gently.
- For a house with 4-6 members, you can buy a ¾ HP garbage disposal, but 1 HP will serve you the best. The ¾ HP model is the most popular among consumers as it applies to family homes, and it is also powerful enough to grind hard elements of food. Small bones, hard vegetables, any particles of food can be disposed of quite well in this model.
- For 6-8 people in a household, go for 1 to 2 HP model. If you need a 1 HP model, there must be enough space under the sink. For heavier use, this is the right choice. It is also a good choice for small businesses.
- While buying the smallest garbage disposal, you should always check out the user’s manual to know the recommended size of the product according to your kitchen.
Resources plumbingpro.com : What Size Garbage Disposal Should I Buy?
 wikipedia.org : Garbage Disposal Unit
 citylab.com : The Case for the Humble Garbage Disposal